This public working group will address issues facing XR with respect to data classification and categorization, standards, and common and functional terminologies. The goal is to develop guidance and best practices for XR data classification that best enable business necessities such as the ability to exchange, use and reuse information/data in XR environments. The initial focuses include the following:
- Types of XR data sets and classification criteria;
- Relationship and interactions between data types;
- Contexts where data classification framework is relevant in XR;
- Common terminology and concepts used to describe XR Data types, and particularly as they relate to data classification framework
XRSI is focused on development of voluntary consensus driven XR standards, policies and guidelines to enable the XR organizations make pragmatic and risk-based decisions. By examining and reviewing the established work, this WG intends to liaise and coordinate national and international XR standards (should there exist any) and testing activities/issues/plans within and outside of XRSI. Within XRSI includes coordinating with the relevant technical staff and management of other XRSI liaison organizations. Outside of XRSI includes coordinating with appropriate government, industry, and academic sector stakeholders and experts.
The XRSI Data Classification Framework PWG will seek to leverage the existing, publicly work (if available) , plus the work of the other XRSI liaison organizations’ Working Groups to produce stated goals.
Discussion on this topic will be done through the working group mailing list and Discord. The email address for XR DCF Public Working Group is firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in signing up to the mailing lists, you simply need to use the following link:
If you want to remove yourself from the list, send an email with the word "unsubscribe" in either the subject or message body (or both) to mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe
Participation in the XRSI Public Working Group is for the purposes set forth in the group charter. The mailing lists and meeting teleconferences are not intended for promotional announcements, advertising, product-related press releases, or other commercial use. Please note that unsolicited commercial communications to XRSI Public Working Group participants as a result of your access to the Public Working Group membership list may result in the loss of your access to the mailing list or collaboration team site.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation and email address.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of the comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me too” to the individuals – not to the entire list. Do this by using your email application’s forwarding option and typing in or cutting and pasting in the email address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
- Do not send administrative messages such as “remove me from the list” through the list server. Instead, use the web interface to change your setting or remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
To subscribe to the XRSI PWG's mailing list, please click “subscribe” and include your full name and email address in the body of the message.
To unsubscribe, please click “unsubscribe” and include your full name and email address in the body of the message.
The URL for the web conference tool for the meeting is:
The dial-in information for the meetings is as follows:
- Phone: US Toll free 1-800-619-3617 (please see mymeetings.com list for numbers for other countries)
- Participant code: 84489
Time: Jun 20, 2019 9:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Every week on Thu, until Sep 26, 2019, 15 occurrence(s)
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Weekly: click here
One tap mobile
+19292056099, 360116077# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 360 116 077
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ad11lfe0l4
|Jun 20, 2019||9:00am PST / 5:00pm GMT|
|Jun 27, 2019||9:00am PST / 5:00pm GMT|
|Jul 4, 2019||9:00am PST / 5:00pm GMT|
|Jul 11, 2019||9:00am PST / 5:00pm GMT|
|Jul 18, 2019||9:00am PST / 5:00pm GMT|
|Jul 25, 2019||9:00am PST / 5:00pm GMT|
|Aug 1, 2019||9:00am PST / 5:00pm GMT|
|Aug 8, 2019||9:00am PST / 5:00pm GMT|
|Aug 15, 2019||9:00am PST / 5:00pm GMT|
|Aug 22, 2019||9:00am PST / 5:00pm GMT|
|Aug 29, 2019||9:00am PST / 5:00pm GMT|
|Sep 5, 2019||9:00am PST / 5:00pm GMT|
|Sep 12, 2019||9:00am PST / 5:00pm GMT|
|Sep 19, 2019||9:00am PST / 5:00pm GMT|
|Sep 26, 2019||9:00am PST / 5:00pm GMT|
For more information: